The Brant Law Association was founded on November 30, 1853. The 20 founding members paid 2 pounds and 10 shillings for each original share of the Association. In 2003 the Brant Law Association celebrated their sesquicentennial.
Located in Brantford, Ontario, at 70 Wellington Street, the BLA serves approximately 100 lawyers both within Brantford, and throughout Brant County, Paris and the Six Nations. With a varied collection and access to technology, the BLA strives to meet the needs of all lawyers. The BLA Library is a private library for the use of its members, and lawyers of the Law Society of Upper Canada only.
The BLA Executive works hard on behalf of the membership by organizing continuing education seminars on topics of importance to the local Bar, and hosting social events which provides opportunities for networking and friendship.
The Brant Law Association library is situated on the third floor of the Brant County Courthouse and is divided by 4 rooms housing the collection, work stations and worktables. Robing rooms are situated on the 2nd floor.
We encourage you to join the BLA and benefit from a range of services, all while participating in a collegial Association.